- SMALLOPS AS A SOLUTION TO PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
- WHAT ADVANTAGES DOES OPS OFFER TO YOUR BIOGAS GENERATION PLANT?
- ¡CONTACT US!
In this article, we will focus on explaining how we can improve biogas production without making large investments.
It is true that today the use of renewable energies such as biogas and biomethane is being promoted more and more. In one of our articles, we talked about what biogas and biomethane are and how they are produced.
If you have a biogas plant with performance or hydrogen sulfide problems, keep reading, you are in the right place.
SMALLOPS AS A SOLUTION TO PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
HOW TO IMPROVE THE PRODUCTION OF BIOGAS AND BIOMETHANE
Currently, there is a great offer on the market for consulting companies dedicated to improving the production of biogas and biomethane. The problem with these companies is that, normally, they make you buy additional equipment that represents a large investment, or they suggest you change the substrates you use.
At Smallops, being aware of the headaches that all of the above can bring, we have developed an additive. This additive consists of carbon-encapsulated iron nanoparticles, called OPS. Its function is to improve the processes for obtaining biogas, acting directly on the digester itself without altering the current process for obtaining this renewable energy.
WHAT ADVANTAGES DOES OPS OFFER TO YOUR BIOGAS GENERATION PLANT?
HOW TO IMPROVE BIOGAS PRODUCTION WITHOUT MAKING LARGE INVESTMENTS
At Smallops we have currently focused our technology on improving biogas production with OPS.
Focusing on the advantages of its application in the biogas production process, it stands out that the OPS:
- Improve the production of methane (CH4) by 20%.
- Reduce production costs to the same extent as increasing biogas production.
- Increase the degradation of phytotoxic compounds such as polyphenols by 24%.
- The resulting digestate would be of greater interest and viability when applied to soils due to the higher content of iron and sulfur (essential nutrients for plants) and its lower contaminant load, which is an added value that would otherwise increase the profitability of the process.
- They provide greater stability to the biogas production process, which favors this sector towards the establishment of biogas as a reliable energy source. All this because biogas production would be more constant and homogeneous, as well as being of higher quality and maximizing its production.
All this with the same product!
USE OF OPS FOR THE REMOVAL OF HYDROSULFIC ACID
In addition to all the benefits mentioned, OPS are capable of removing hydrogen sulfide gas up to 99% (H2S). This gas is corrosive to biogas combustion engines, as well as being the cause of the characteristic smell of rotten eggs. Lastly, it stabilizes the digester against variations in the substrate.
If you are looking for a cost-effective and efficient way to improve biogas production or eliminate hydrogen sulfide problems, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will solve all your doubts and we will provide you with all the information you need.